Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Odds 'n' Ends 'n' Guns

from left: My Ruger 10 22, our friend's Saiga AK47,my WASR AK47, and my Savage .17
The Architect and I had a lovely time on Saturday.

We went with a couple friends down to an outdoor rifle range.  The weather was perfect - unseasonably warm and bright with barely a cloud in the sky.

Since I don't shoot nearly as much as The Architect ever has, it was great practice for me.  I'm not nearly as comfortable with my guns as I want to be, but Saturday certainly helped get me far more comfortable.
The Architect with his "other woman," his CZ .308


-----

We've been doing inventory on stuff in our house that we don't need or use in hopes of selling it.  We have a large fish tank that we're just too busy to care for properly.  There is a family coming this weekend to look at it.  I hope they buy it.

-----

When the Architect and I actually have a few calm moments here in the near future, I want to sit down with him and make a list of what we'd like in our garden next year.  I didn't do much this past year, but I kind of saw it as a trial run.  We want to triple the size of what we had, and I plan on learning to can so we won't waste or throw out excess.

I hope everyone is having a great week, and Happy Thanksgiving!  It's sneaking up on me faster than I can handle...

No comments:

Post a Comment